Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Week 13 Reading: Welsh Fairy Book (Thomas), Part A


In Part A, I found two stories that interested me to varying extents.

The first, "Arthur in the Cave", was interesting to me in the sense of wonder it possesses. The concept of this massive army and these awe-inspiring knights and king simply being in a form of stasis for a thousand years sounds like a true sight to behold. I'm not sure what kind of story I would tell with it, but if I were to do so, I would likely focus in on for what purpose this army might have been called to act.

The second story that interested me was that of "Einion and the Fair Family". I'm a bit of a sucker for fantasy romances, so this one hit all the right buttons for me. If I were to adapt it for my own, I think I would maybe focus in on the three sisters a bit more, since they intrigued me. Perhaps the story could be expanded so as to find a spouse for each of the three sisters, or something of the like. A trio of brothers for the three Fae sisters could be interesting, especially if each of the sisters had a unique personality and desired a specific type of person as a spouse.

Sources:

"Arthur in the Cave" by W. Jenkyn Thomas

"Einion and the Fair Family" by W. Jenkyn Thomas

Image by StockSnap

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's simple,
    yet effective. A lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance. I must say you've done a amazing job with this. found very intresting to read this article.
    Bartender Service in Ludhiana



    ReplyDelete

Wikipedia Trail: From Church Grim to Raijū

For this wiki trail, I began at the article on the " Church Grim ", since I was researching mythological canines to determine whic...