Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Overall I'm pretty happy with how my story-writing assignments have gone. I've been really happy with some of the stories I've written for the course. And so far it's been nice to be able to take my favorite story posts that I'm the most proud of and then add them to my portfolio. (Which thus far have been "The Three Roses" and "The Clever, Brave and Wise".)

My reading notes are useful for me to help me determine which story I'll be using as the base of my story posts. I usually use them to give an overview of either the full story or the part of the story that I would be most interested in focusing in on.


So while the assignment did say to use an image from one of our story posts, reading posts or project, this image was one that was at one point intended to be used for either a story or reading post. (I honestly don't even remember which now.) So I thought this might be a decent place to showcase the image, since I never ended up using it, but I really like the aesthetic of it a lot.

My primary hope for the rest of this class is to write more stories that I'm very proud of. I think I have some degree of idea how to go about it now. I've found that the stories I've liked most were often the ones I made the most significant changes to. Both of my portfolio stories exemplify that. So I think I'll try to find ways to work in twists of my own to the future stories.

Image Source: Pikist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia Trail: From Church Grim to Raijū

For this wiki trail, I began at the article on the " Church Grim ", since I was researching mythological canines to determine whic...