Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Reading Notes: Ancient Egyptian Myths & Stories, Part B

 

The main story in Part B that interested me was "The Tale of King Rhampsinitus". "The Two Brothers" was somewhat interesting, but it was also quite lengthy, and I fear I would struggle to do that story justice in a very short format. 

"The Tale of King Rhampsinitus" is a very solid story overall, I don't really have many gripes about it. The only thing in particular that comes to mind that might be worth changing would be to help out the slain brother a bit, either giving him a great burial or a resurrection in some form, since the living brother gained so much out of the entire ordeal, and because of how noble the dead brother's sacrifice was.


Image Source: Ruins of an Egyptian Temple, taken by DEZALB

Story Source: "The Tale of King Rhampsinitus" by Donald Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia Trail: From Church Grim to Raijū

For this wiki trail, I began at the article on the " Church Grim ", since I was researching mythological canines to determine whic...